Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Prayer Request

Hey guys! Just wanted y'all to keep our son, Harrison, in your prayers. It has been just a frustrating journey with him and his speech development. We have seen countless professionals in this field, and no one has really given us any conclusive reasons why he is so far behind. People always speculate and are eager to label a kid these days, but God has been telling me from day 1 that Harrison is fine. But still, not having any type if speech therapy that has worked over the past year is frustrating for us as parents and for our little man. And the other day, someone at his daycare must have said he was stupid (we do not use this word ever in our house) and Charlotte came home saying her brother was stupid. It was absolutely heartbreaking. So just keep him in your prayers and pray we can find a professional that not only can help him with his speech development, but someone who "gets" Harrison and his personality.

Thanks guys!

4 comments:

  1. Lauren and Casey,

    My heart is breaking for you. I am going to start talking to speech paths around town and see if anyone has any recommendations in terms of a therapist for Harrison. I have only basic knowledge in this area, but would love to listen and pray for y'all.
    PS Have you thought about leaving the area for an evaluation (ie Dallas?).

    ReplyDelete
  2. praying for ya'll!!! Please keep us posted on how things are going.
    love,
    Candy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have prayed for Harrison and for the family. It's tough to not be able to fix what you think may be something wrong. Ebb our oldest son didn't start talking until he was 3. Once God decided it was time for Ebb to talk he didn't stop. He has and is still in honors classes and I know God has great plans for Harrison too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey guys! I wanted to thank you for your thoughts and prayers. I have truly noticed a difference in Harrison this past week. God is good! Reminds me of a verse in Hebrews that says faith is not only what we can see, but what we hope for.

    ReplyDelete